Hosted PBX is a fully managed, enterprise-grade phone system that utilizes cloud-based technology, to connect your business without the costs of a traditional phone system. In other words, it allows small and medium-sized businesses to have sophisticated telephone systems without the investment in telephone equipment.
Hosted PBX helps save money and gives businesses and employees incredible flexibility: extensions can be added or removed in seconds and calls can be taken wherever it is most convenient … at your desk, on your tablet or even your smartphone.
Key concepts behind a Hosted PBX service:
- Your telephone system is “hosted” or operated by your provider
- Works with your existing telephone service or completely replaces it
- Can be used with landlines, mobile phones, VoIP service or might include VoIP service
Key advantages of Hosted PBX versus traditional telephone service or office telephone system include:
- Initial Cost Savings - No large upfront investment in an onsite telephone system. With a Hosted PBX solution, the office telephone system is operated and maintained by ShoreEast.
- Ongoing Cost Savings - Typically, a Hosted PBX implementation is significantly more cost-effective over the long run than a traditional PBX.
- Geographical Flexibility - Employees have the flexibility to work from virtually any location as the phone system is virtual.
- Credibility & Local Presence – In addition to the benefit to a small business of having a virtual system, a Hosted PBX systems allow businesses to get local virtual numbers in cities where they are not physically located.
- Scalability - Virtual systems can expand and grow with your business as you need them to. Lines can be added on an as-needed basis.
- Ease of Use - End-user management of a Hosted PBX is far more user-friendly than is the case with traditional solutions.